"This is a zoomed in view from the last image. The red circle highlights the pressure cooker bomb that was used just moments after this photo was taken. The use of this explosive created an enormous cloud of smoke that covered the entire street. While the street was still cloudy with smoke one of the brothers started running down the street towards the officers, while still engaging them in gunshots. As he got closer to the officers, within 10-15 yards of them he was taken down. From my vantage point I did not see whether he was tackled to the ground or brought down by gunshots." Credit: Andrew Kitzenberg
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Arizona Officers Wounded in Shootout
- Utah Officers Rescue Tenants from Apartment Fire
- Prosecutors Investigate Fatal Denver Officer-Involved Shooting
- Handcuffed Woman Leads Pennsylvania Officers on Chase in Stolen Cruiser
- The Consequences of Food
- California K9 Killed During Apprehension
- ODMP: Alabama Officer Killed in Crash
WATERTOWN, Massachusetts – Andrew Kitzenberg had no idea that he would eventually record one of the biggest gunfights in the nation.
The Watertown resident was working in his living room during the early morning hours of April 19, 2013 when he heard multiple ‘pops’ coming from outside.
Using his camera phone, Kitzenberg captured the actions of the Tsarnaev brothers as they become involved in a shootout with authorities.