"This is a zoomed in view from the last image. The red circle highlights the pressure cooker bomb that was used just moments after this photo was taken. The use of this explosive created an enormous cloud of smoke that covered the entire street. While the street was still cloudy with smoke one of the brothers started running down the street towards the officers, while still engaging them in gunshots. As he got closer to the officers, within 10-15 yards of them he was taken down. From my vantage point I did not see whether he was tackled to the ground or brought down by gunshots." Credit: Andrew Kitzenberg
Watertown resident captures gun fight between officers and bombers.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Videos, Photos: Aftermath of Ferguson Violence
- Ferguson Officer Releases Thank You Statement
- Gunman in Florida Ambush Held Anti-Government Views
- ODMP: Florida Deputy Killed in Ambush
- ODMP: Crash Claims Texas Sergeant
- Thousands Protest Ferguson Decision Nationwide
- Violence, Arson after Ferguson Grand Jury Decision
WATERTOWN, Massachusetts – Andrew Kitzenberg had no idea that he would eventually record one of the biggest gunfights in the nation.
The Watertown resident was working in his living room during the early morning hours of April 19, 2013 when he heard multiple ‘pops’ coming from outside.
Using his camera phone, Kitzenberg captured the actions of the Tsarnaev brothers as they become involved in a shootout with authorities.