Harrison County Sheriff's Deputy Mike Freeman (ODMP photo)
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Madison Police Shooting Response Contrasts with Ferguson
- Ferguson Leaders, DOJ Plan to Improve Police Department
- RCMP Commissioner Releases Details, Video from Parliament Hill Attack
- Video: Philadelphia Officer Killed in Gunfight
- Los Angeles Skid Row Shooting Reveals Agency and Government Mistakes
- Justice Department Clears Officer in Ferguson Case
- Georgia Officer Killed in Ambush
Deputy Sheriff Mike Freeman succumbed to injuries sustained in a vehicle pursuit on June 28th, 2007.
He was responding to assist other units who were pursuing a vehicle on I-20, near FM 2199. The vehicle was driving at approximately 100 mph when it struck the rear of Deputy Freeman's patrol car, pushing it into oncoming traffic. Two vehicles struck the patrol car, critically injuring Deputy Freeman and two citizens.
Deputy Freeman suffered severe head and neck injuries. His condition worsened and he was left bedridden and on a ventilator until succumbing to complications from the injuries on September 8th, 2013.
Deputy Freeman had served in law enforcement for 28 years. He is survived by his wife and three children.
Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:
Sheriff Tom McCool
Harrison County Sheriff's Office
200 West Houston Street
Marshall, TX 75670
Phone: (903) 923-4000