In this image made from video and released by WSB-TV, authorities investigate the scene of a school shooting, Thursday, Jan 31, 2013 in Atlanta. Authorities say a 14-year-old has been wounded in a shooting at an Atlanta middle school and a suspect has been taken into custody. Atlanta police spokesman Carlos Campos says the wounded student has been taken "alert, conscious and breathing" to Grady Hospital. (AP Photo/WSB-TV)
FEATURED IN NEWS
- New Mexico Trooper Fired in Van Shooting Incident
- Mexico Police Block Hospital in Radiation Theft Case
- ‘Stop and Frisk’ is First Challenge for New NYPD Commissioner
- Remembering the Long Island Railway Massacre
- Icelandic Gunman Stopped in Nation’s First Officer-Involved Fatal Shooting
- Former NYPD Commissioner Chosen Again to Lead Department
- Trial Begins for Ex-Officer in Katrina Shooting
ATLANTA (AP) — An Atlanta fire official says a 14-year-old has been shot in the head at a middle school and has been taken to a hospital.
Atlanta Fire Cpt. Marian McDaniel also says a teacher suffered minor cuts and bruises but was treated on the scene at Price Middle School. Earlier, a police spokesman said he was headed to the school about 2 miles south of downtown following reports of a shooting.
TV news helicopters show a swarm of Atlanta police officers at the school.
McDaniel says the shooting victim was taken to Grady Hospital but information on the teen's condition was not immediately available.